True North Strong
A group wellness program by Juniper Naturopathic Clinic
If you are interested in taking the next steps to improve your health this program is for you.
True North Strong is a 6-week group program designed to create a supportive community and help you become the best version of yourself.
This is a new, body-positive wellness program designed for high-achieving individuals who want to take steps to:
- Increase their energy
- Improve their mood and sleep
- Make the switch to a healthier diet and lifestyle
- Balance their hormones
- Address underlying vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- Improve health markers like blood pressure, cholesterol levels, or blood sugar
- Address additional health concerns like chronic pain, migraines, skin changes, and more!
A Naturopathic Doctor created this signature program specifically for the community of Fort McMurray. This is not a diet program – this is lifestyle program with the goal of helping you make permanent positive changes in your health.
Goals of True North Strong:
- Help participants maximize their energy, improve their sleep, and feel more confident and motivated
- Educate participants about their health and ways they can prevent and control diseases like diabetes and heart disease with diet and lifestyle changes
- Provide participants with the resources to grocery shop and cook healthfully
- Teach stress management techniques and support participants in improving their mood, focus, and productivity
- Empower participants to be their own health advocates, ask the right questions, and be conscious consumers
- Create an ongoing support group among participants
What’s included in True North Strong:
- 6 weekly lectures from Dr. Samantha Clouthier, ND
- A small group of participants will get together for a weekly 90-minute lecture at the Juniper Naturopathic Clinic.
- Some lecture topics include:
- Macro + micro nutrients
- Intermittent fasting and intuitive eating
- Why weight loss should never be your goal
- Facts & myths about health (is coffee bad for you? GMOs? Is organic worth the price? Is frozen food better than canned?)
- Brief explanation of various diets in the media today (paleo, vegan, keto, carnivore, etc.)
- The truth about food sensitivity testing (the IgG blood test)
- Stress management and cortisol’s connection with overall health
- Sleep (how to get an excellent sleep and what to do if you can’t sleep)
- Mood (mood-boosting techniques and physical causes of mood changes)
- Hormones (menopause, andropause, thyroid, PMS, estrogen dominance, and more)
- How to grocery shop healthfully, while being economical!
- Healthy cooking and how to meal prep
- Maintenance, gratitude, and positivity
- 1x 60-minute naturopathic consultation to discuss:
- Your unique health goals and concerns and how to achieve them
- Your prescription drugs – are they depleting in major minerals? What drugs, supplements, and foods/beverages interact with the drugs you are taking?
- Potential relevant blood testing (optional, +$$)
- Ongoing email support throughout the program
- A PDF of Dr. Clouthier’s favourite recipes, including a meal plan and grocery list
- A daily journal to record your goals and track your progress
If you are interested in becoming more health-literate and improving your overall health this program is for you!
True North Strong Program
Date & Time: TBD
Due to COVID-19 this program is not currently running
This program is right for anyone over the age of 18 who is interested in taking control of their wellness, improving their health outcomes, increasing their energy, and making their health a priority
You will get a 60-minute 1-on-1 consult with me to discuss your own individual health needs. Often, we find that when we improve our overall health some conditions improve quite a lot! Other conditions may need more specialized treatment – you are always welcome to book additional 1-on-1 appointments throughout this experience for an additional fee
This program is not appropriate for people under the age of 18, or people recovering from disordered eating such as binge eating, anorexia nervosa, or bulimia nervosa.
We generally recommend 100% attendance of lectures, however, we understand life happens and we are happy to email a summary of what was discussed to your after the lecture
Yes, this program can teach you ways to maximize the benefits of whichever lifestyle you follow and can teach you supplementary lifestyle techniques to continue to support your health beyond what diet can do!
This program is very safe and supervised by a medical professional.
There is a self-reflection/journaling component to this program which most people love, however some people may experience some brief negative feelings or discomfort upon reflections
There is evidence that 1 in 4 people who start any type of diet (including “lifestyle”) risk falling into a disordered eating pattern. This program goes above and beyond to support a healthy relationship with food and to support participants’ mental health throughout their wellness journey but please be aware that it is not intended for anyone recovering from an eating disorder.