Dr. Anna Garber, ND
Children’s health, digestive concerns, Autism Spectrum, low energy, high cholesterol, and blood sugar balance.
Dr. Garber is passionate about all things related to children’s health. This passion developed when she became an aunt, and her entire world changed. She found so much reward in playing a role in a child’s growth and development, and she strives to do the same for other children. Dr. Garber loves working with children and their families because shaping health and wellbeing early in life will help set a strong foundation for health in adulthood. Dr. Garber believes every patient deserves to be informed about the benefits and potential side effects of their prescriptions, and her patients and her work together to build realistic, evidence-informed treatment plans that align with their lifestyle, goals, and values. Her clinical approach is to empower patients through education, and she values building upon small, realistic changes to ensure treatment plans are sustainable.
- Juniper Naturopathic Clinic – Naturopathic Doctor
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine – Doctor of Naturopathy
- Robert Schad Naturopathic – Intern, Pediatrics Focus at
- Brampton Naturopathic Teaching Clinic – Clinic Intern
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine – Research Assistant
- University of Calgary – Master of Science with an area of study in Cardiovascular/Respiratory Sciences
- University of Toronto – Honours Bachelor of Science with a double major in Human Biology and Nutritional Sciences
- Dr. Anna Garber is a member of the Pediatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians (PedANP), Alberta Association of Naturopathic Doctors (AAND), and the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND). She is registered and in good standing with the College of Naturopathic Doctors of Alberta (CNDA).
Cardozo V., Aucoin M., Elsayed M., Ebrahimi N., Garber A., & Cooley K., (2021). The 5th annual CCNM research day: student research & innovation in naturopathic medicine. URNCST Journal, 5(3), A1-A12.
Garber A., Barnard L., & Pickrell C., (2021). Review of whole plant extracts with activity against herpes simplex viruses in vitro and in vivo. Journal of Evidence-Based Integrative Medicine, 26, 1-57.
Aucoin M., Cooley K., Saunders P.R., Care J., Anheyer D., Medina D.N., Cardozo V., Remy D., Hannan N., & Garber A., (2020). The effect of Echinacea spp. on the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 and other respiratory tract infections in humans: A rapid review. Advances in Integrative Medicine, 7(4), 203-217.
Ng J.Y., Garber A., Luong M., Cooley K., & Busse J.W., (2020). No improvement in disclosure of natural health product use to primary care medical doctors in the last 15 years: A survey of naturopathic patients. Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice, 39, 101106.
Garber A., Aucoin M., Bhardwaj S., (2018). Food for thought: how sugar can affect your mental health. Naturopathic Doctors News and Review.
Garber A., Csizmadi I., Friedenreich C.M., Sajobi T.T., Longman R.S., Tyndall A.V., Drogos L.L., Davenport M.H., & Poulin M.J., (2017). Association between glycemic load and cognitive function in community-dwelling older adults: Results from the Brain in Motion study. Clinical Nutrition, 37(5), 1690-1699.